Thursday, October 30, 2008

2008 Autumn

I have been staying at Auntie Heathers (mum's twin) for 5 weeks, and commuting into Leeds. THANK YOU Heather! Being with family and in a home has really helped these weeks of separation from Dustin. Here we are bundled up on our last night... fish and chips down by the river

The Hamer Lab out for meal. Wonderful new friends that helped make being back at uni and dealing with a large city a really warm time. THANKS everyone xo


Sue and I went shopping and out for lunch..leaving the boys at home

Sue and I celebrating the wedding. It was a lovely weekend of sharing and catching up

Dylan in the bath.. he LOVES water!

And, up to Edinburgh to see Sue, Francis, and meet Dylan. We braved the weather on a windy walk
Cousins.. had a wonderful visit with Christopher, Laura and family in Sheffield

Autumn leaves in Sheffield
Lynwen and Loyd making chocolate cake.



And, a very special weekend up in Sheffield with Lynwen, David, and Loyd. Fantastic windswept walk on the Peaks, some much needed excersise and space. Walked, caught up, and shared. Lynwen now 5 months pregnant.

Had a great weekend with Jane, Dave and met Ellie for the first time-- aren't her cheeks adorable! Good catch up with school friends
I took weekend trips from Leeds to visit and catch up with friends

Definitely been away from Britain too long.. I been taking lots of photos of sheep and cows





Dustin, this photo is for you- a similar shape to our engagement tree

I then visited Alice and Phil in Burton on Trent.. en route to Leeds. We had a wonderful walk in the Peak District, harvested apples, and enjoyed warm fires. Alice and I have known each other now for 17 years.. nothing has changed.



view across the church yard to home

Mum painting down at Torcross, Sheba supervising!

Before heading to Leeds I caught up with jetlag at mum and dad's, down in Devon. A fantastic week of relaxing and sharing.

I left Alaska mid September for two months. It is now early November, we've been married for over two months, and I've been away for most of it. The main purpose of the trip was to complete PhD courses at Leeds University.


Heike and Dustin harvested our potatos



We were given a wedding canoe from the North Dakota family.. a fantastic gift. We launched it down on the Kenai Canoe trails. No legal moose seen, but lovely berries, colours, fishing and peace.



Honeymoon at Romig Cabin.. the last of summer. We swam, fished, picked berries and slept. A wonderful couple of days.


Moggy... recovering after the wedding

No comments:

Fall and early Winter

 Our landing home after fish-camp was full, and we all had travel plans.  A little too much travel, but each was rich and important.  Peter ...