Sunday, December 13, 2015

Grandparents and the Pribilof Islands

In October, I was lucky enough to visit to the Pribilof Islands for two weeks.  My first long solo trip since motherhood. It was such a treat to focus on work, and the days flew by.  I didn't worry about the family at all because Sharon and Bob came to look after the home team.  

THANK YOU both for all your help and love xo 




Happy Light reading: a rare still moment for both boys


A visit to the beach with Vera and the boys



The kids (and Dustin) loved their time with grandparents; lots of time for reading, running on the pump track, seeing friends, and just spending time together.


Team Cap



It's Fall.. time for racking leaves and duck hunting



 And, making a bird house with Grandpa Bob


The Pribilofs were a sharp contrast to Cordova.  No trees, cold winds, and powerful surf.  

I spent the first week at St. Paul. Days were crammed with seabird and rat prevention activities in the school, including daily field trips to the blind at the fur-seal rookery.  











An evening hike up Bogoslof, one of the old Volcanic domes.  The lava tube caves are amazing, and it was the first time I'd explored them. 



I then flew over to St. George, and spent a week with the kids there.. doing more seabird and rat prevention activities.  I was weathered in a couple of extra days, and we squeaked in a great field trip up to High Bluffs with the older students.  Such a treat to be back on the island, and spend time with the kids. I love it. 







We ran into the reindeer herd on our way up to High Bluffs







No comments:

Fall and early Winter

 Our landing home after fish-camp was full, and we all had travel plans.  A little too much travel, but each was rich and important.  Peter ...