Monday, March 27, 2023

Pribilofs in early Spring

I had the privilege to visit both St. George and St. Paul Island in February/early March this year.  I had time with the kids in both schools to learn about seabirds, do artwork, and some beach surveys. It was a full and rich couple of weeks. 

The weather was wild, the Bering Sea powerful, and the light and skies constantly changing.  It was exhausting and humbling to spend time outside. And, such a treat to spend time on these incredible islands, and reconnect with folk again.

I was fully prepared to get stuck on St George for 1 week+, but miraculously I made it in and out on schedule.  It will probably never happen again, but I was thankful to make it home for Spring Break and Leif's birthday.





 












1 comment:

julienbrad said...

Wow, Ann, such beautiful, dramatic pics of the landscape, homes and playground on the Pribilofs!

Fall and early Winter

 Our landing home after fish-camp was full, and we all had travel plans.  A little too much travel, but each was rich and important.  Peter ...