Saturday, February 12, 2011

Isle of Wight

Peter and I went to England in January for three weeks.
Peter was a great travelling companion.

Mum and Dad met us at Heathrow,
and drove us down to meet the ferry to cross over to the Isle of Wight.
Mum and Dad's new home in Yarmouth
Happy Grandparents!


Lots of wonderful walks, birding, biking, picnics and family time.
Liz joined us for two weeks from Kashmir.
Great waterfowl and shorebirds two minutes from the house.
Auntie Liz!


The family looked after Peter for two days while
I traveled to Leeds to defend my thesis.

Two celebration cakes: D for Doctor, P for Peter's 6-month birthday!

Afton Down
Peter started solids, Dustin watched via skype!

The old mill in Yarmouth




Liz and I did a couple of long-days of walking.
Wonderful English walks meandering through villages and a myriad of different habitats.
Cliffs at Freshwater
Tennyson Down

Peter watching the gulls

1 comment:

Maggie and Nathan said...

Hi Ann

Congratulations on your thesis defence!
Lovely photos- we used to go to the Isle of Wight for holidays when I was a child, remember staying at Freshwater Bay....

Maggie x.

Fall and early Winter

 Our landing home after fish-camp was full, and we all had travel plans.  A little too much travel, but each was rich and important.  Peter ...