I've had a few work trips on my own, but I haven't had a night alone at our house since becoming a parent.
In an effort to save money and do some more work, we decided to split the family travel this year. Dustin took the boys to North Dakota to visit his family for a couple of weeks. And, I'll take the boys to England in January.
Sometimes I fantasize about time alone at home, but after waving the troop off at the airport the house felt incredibly quiet and lonely!
I rebounded pretty quickly..and had an incredible week in Cordova. The amazing weather continued, and I got out each day with friends, and worked in the evenings. I even made jam and had time to work on some craft projects. Bliss.
I joined the Laird family for a skate up at Crater Lake. The ice was perfect, and it was such a treat to have another perspective on one of my favorite places.
All our tracks!
I joined Aaron and Hasan for a skate at Eyak, and some methane bubble lighting
Darcy and I made it up to the ridge below Mt. Eyak
Kris and I hiked down the Scott River in some powerful wind and sun
And, then some fresh snow!
I was trying to fly to St. George the day after Thanksgiving, but ended up spending 4 days in Anchorage due to delayed flights. Such a treat to spend time with friends. Melonie and I headed up to Bev and Joel's house for their large Thanksgiving gathering. This had been my tradition for years, and it was so wonderful to be with my Anchorage-family again. Here's the kid's table.
I've known Robyn since she was a baby. She picked me up at the airport after my flight out to the islands was cancelled, and introduced me to her beautiful horse. The next day I got to see her sister, Karli, perform in the nutcracker. Such a treat to share this part of their life, and see them both glowing.
I finally made it out to St. George. A full week with the kids-- lots of seabird activities, craft, and outside adventures. The weather was powerful; lots of wind, dark quick moving clouds, great light. Such a privilege to spend time on the island.
No comments:
Post a Comment