Friday, December 7, 2018

Fall hiking

I'm writing this on a very wet December day.. and it's good to re-look at these photos and remember how spectacular Alaska is in good weather, and what a golden September and October we had.  

There were days and days of sunshine and clear skies, and it was an incredible chance to get up high and hike. After 8 years here and now easier hiking with older kids, the mountains are slowly starting to become a little more familiar and I can feel their pull more and more strongly. 


A beautiful hike up to the radio tower with Darcy and Vera
Melonie came to visit for a few days, and we had a lovely family hike up Heney Ridge along with Laura, Aaron and Hasan
The Alice Smith inter-tie hike with Darcy, Vera and Melonie.  A truly golden day
So thankful for these mountains, friends, and a beautiful fall to enjoy it all

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hello lovely Ann. I sent an email but not sure it is the right address. Maybe you can let me have it so I can get it to you!! Lots of love and hugs Sue xx

Fall and early Winter

 Our landing home after fish-camp was full, and we all had travel plans.  A little too much travel, but each was rich and important.  Peter ...