The shorebirds arrived in May, and we joined a group of families at Hartney Bay to enjoy watching the birds in the wind.
The sun came back the weekend of the Shorebird Festival, and I had a wonderful solo walk out on the beach from our house. Luckily, it still take only one sunny day to forget the days of rain and remember why we love living here.
A family weekend camping trip down the Eyak River
We turned around at an old cannery cabin, and spent some time exploring the delta and watching the swallows nesting at the cabin.
Soft moss, warm water, and beautiful flowers.
How can you not sit down?!
And, swimming! Both Dustin and I jumped in (but not for long), but the boys ran up the beach and floated down.. and repeated many times. They loved it!
We had a separate beach for cooking/food (and playing naked) before canoeing back to our camp beach
Soft sand
Leif pooped in the potty (finally) and got to make a (pink!) box cake. Here's Peter with his supervisory big-brother look. It's not surprising that Leif is enjoying being a single child while Peter and I head to Seabird Camp!
A sunny afternoon with friends at the Scott River.
Chicks are growing
Most small projects become a production.
The boys cleaning beer bottles for elderflower cordial.
The lagoon and back meadows are lush green again
And, Grandpa John is here!
Grandpa flew up to help take care of Leif while Peter and I head to St. George for Seabird Camp. Thank you John! Leif is loving having undivided attention with you.
Fresh fish and first salad of the season.
Peter and I have just had four days in Anchorage. Peter attended a sports camp taught by our friend Ben. It was a great chance for him to hang out with his friends Izzy and Muse, and gave me some morning hours to prep for St. George. Thank you Ben, Peter loved it!
We were car-free in Anchorage, and really enjoyed biking the trail system together. Peter on the back of my old bike. We miss these trails.
Never enough time, but we got to catch up with friends at Westchester (all the kids are growing up so fast!). I had a sunny walk with Fondel. And, Lee met us at Goose Lake for a picnic and paddle one lunch-time. I didn't take many photos in Anchorage, but here's a few.
Shiway, Dave and the boys have moved to Anchorage. yay!
Peter and Muse
No comments:
Post a Comment